Electric Daisy Carnival – Las Vegas
The 15th annual Electric Daisy Carnival will peak this weekend June 24-26 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with over 200 performers and an expected audience exceeding 250,000. Held in five different locations throughout 2011, EDC Las Vegas is the first to extend to three nights, making it North America’s largest electronic music festival.
Last week, Insomniac Events released the artist lineup and stage schedules.
Despite problems associated with EDC Los Angeles 2010, including the death of a 15-year-old, Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman gave the festival an enthusiastic endorsement Thursday during his weekly news conference at City Hall. He even indicated he might show up at the event, which was essentially banned from Los Angeles.
“It’s going to be phenomenal,” Goodman said, “We’re going to declare June 20-26 Electric Daisy Carnival Week in Las Vegas and ask all of our citizens to support this monumental event.”
Goodman said the three-day festival will provide a carnival-like atmosphere, featuring dancers, fire twirlers, aerialists and stilt walkers, plus 28 carnival rides and attractions.
At the news conference, Goodman introduced Pasquale Rotella, the CEO and founder of Insomniac Events. Mayor Goodman praised Rotella for bringing the opportunity to Las Vegas, and for contributing to the community by donating $1 for each ticket and $10 from each guest list attendee to Las Vegas charitable organizations including the Clark County School-Community Partnership Program, The Smith Center for the Performing Arts and the Las Vegas Injured Police Officers Fund.
“I’m thrilled with the talent we have confirmed for this year’s Electric Daisy,” said Rotella. “We have world renowned artists combined with ambitious up-and-comers who will create a memorable soundtrack for our fans’ weekend-long festival experience.”
The 1,000-acre complex will be transformed into a fully immersed audiovisual experience as 13 large-scale art installations will create their own interactive environments amidst the six stages, along with state-of-the-art lighting and sound production. Attendees will also get to experience the most impressive pyrotechnics display in Insomniac’s history, featuring a 15-minute fireworks display each night.
“EDC is a lot more than a music festival,” Rotella said. “There’s a lot going on aside from the international performers that we have coming on the stages. We have a lot of theatrical performers and walkabouts throughout the festival. And art is a big part of this festival.”
FRIDAY, JUNE 24
- Kinetic Field: Trent Cantrelle, Manufactured Superstars, Wolfgang Gartner, Dirty South, Tiësto, Steve Angello, and Sander Van Doorn.
- Cosmic Meadow: Joaquin Bamaca, Beats Antique, Röyksopp, Richie Hawtin presents Plastikman Live, Sub Focus, and Steve Bug.
- Circuit Grounds: Wippenberg, Crystal Method, Christopher Lawrence, Roger Sanchez, Cosmic Gate, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki, and Autoerotique.
- Neon Garden: Kastle, Them Jeans, DJ Vice, Bloody Beetroots Death Crew 77, Savage Skulls, Bird Peterson, Drop the Lime, and Major Lazer.
- Bass Pod: Crizzly, Marcus Intalex with Sharpness, Roni Size with Messinian, Friction with Dynamite, Borgore, Excision, Skream and Benga, Dieselboy, Marky, and TC with Armanni Reign.
- Heineken Domes: Android Cartel, Joey Mazzola, DJ Dan, DJ Frances.
SATURDAY, JUNE 25
- Kinetic Field: R3HAB, Cedric Gervais, Martin Solveig, Afrojack, Benny Benassi, David Guetta, Above & Beyond, and Sidney Samson.
- Cosmic Meadow: Alesso, Glitch Mob, Bassnectar, Empire of the Sun, Chuckie, Dada Life, and Boys Noize.
- Circuit Grounds: Hernan Cattaneo, Pleasurekraft, Boris, Green Velvet, UMEK, Gaiser, Richie Hawtin, and Victor Calderone.
- Neon Garden: Zedd, Porter Robinson, Feed Me, Hardwell, Bart B More, LA Riots, Jack Beats, Skrillex, and MSTRKRFT.
- Bass Pod: The Juggernaut, Hive, Bare, Evol Intent, High Contrast, 12th Planet, Andy C with MC GQ, Rusko, Hype with MC Daddy Earl, Zeds Dead, Terravita, and LTJ Bukem.
- Heineken Domes: Nick G, Savoy, EC Twins, and Trent Cantrelle.
SUNDAY, JUNE 26
- Kinetic Field: Thomas Gold, Paul Oakenfold, Avicii, Alesso, Swedish House Mafia, Laidback Luke, and Nicky Romero.
- Cosmic Meadow: EC Twins, Bunny, Robbie Rivera, Infected Mushroom, Bingo Players, Afrojack, R3HAB, and Eddie Halliwell.
- Circuit Grounds: Moguai, Tritonal, John O’Callaghan, Sean Tyas & Simon Patterson, Ferry Cornsten, ATB, Markus Schulz, Dash Berlin, and Showtek.
- Neon Garden: Stanton Warriors, Araabmuzik, Sandro Silva, Harvard Bass, Felix Cartal, Felguk, A-Trak, Wolfgang Gartner, and Dada Life.
- Bass Pod: Fury with MC Dino, Shiftee, Liquid Stranger, J Majik, Mt. Eden, Datsik, Doctor P, Planet of the Drums, Skism, Loadstar, Shimon, and Nu:Tone.
- Heineken Domes: Tara Brooks, DJ Siren, Donald Glaude, and Chris Garcia.